For all international students
Type of grant
Sectors and fields of study
This funding aims to promote the transnational mobility of highly qualified researchers through the award of postdoctoral fellowships. The funding includes a tax-free postdoctoral fellowship of 12 to 24 months, which takes into account the experience of the researcher, the costs of liability insurance, social security contributions, an operating budget and a travel allowance.
From 12 to 24 months
The 2021 call is funded with a budget of € 1,000,000. This will allow the award of 10 2-year post-doctoral fellowships.
Grant funded by
Fonds Spécial de Recherche (FSR)
Nationality.ies – Profile
Postdoctoral fellowships are open to:
- Experienced researchers in possession of their doctoral degree;
- researchers with a maximum of five years of postdoctoral experience
- researchers in an international mobility situation, who have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 24 months during the three years preceding the starting date of the project.
All nationalities are eligible.
Level of study required
Additional terms and conditions
Applicants must also apply in parallel to the F.R.S.-FNRS call for Mandates.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via the UCLouvain promoter in electronic form to the Research Administration. Electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The call is annual and is carried out per academic year. Submission is due in early October.
The selection of projects is carried out in four stages:
- Eligibility of applications ;
- Pre-selection of applications by CREC members
- Sending of A-ranked applications (maximum three times the number of applications available) to external experts
- Hearing of all A-ranked applicants
Applications are assessed on the following criteria
- quality of the applicant,
- quality of the research project,
- mutual impact of the collaboration.
Expert in the Research Administration : Sara Wilmet (ADRE/RFON-RINT), email@example.com, +32 (0)10 47.38.36