Type of grant
All levels of study.
Sectors and field of study
All fields of study.
The Campus Mundi programme supports the development of the international competitiveness of Hungarian higher education over the period 2016-2021 with a budget of HUF 9.2 billion (€26 million). The programme supports student mobility and contributes to increasing the international role and recognition of Hungarian higher education institutions worldwide.
The aim of this grant (strand "b") is for students to acquire professional experience, skills and competences closely related to their studies during their placement in a foreign host institution (in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation). Students may carry out their traineeship in an Erasmus + programme country or in another country.
A period of less than 90 days can be requested for the Wallonia-Brussels Federation if the student obtains 15 credits for this work placement.
Grant funded by
The European Union and the Hungarian State (by the Tempus Public Foundation - Hungary).
Nationality.ies – Profile
An application may be submitted by a student from a Hungarian higher education institution participating in the Erasmus + programme (with an Erasmus + Charter) who is studying and/or residing in Hungary. The student may submit an application under the following conditions:
- The student has at least 1 active full-time semester completed in undergraduate, masters or doctoral studies;
- the student has the status of an active student in doctoral studies;
- the student has at least a B2 level of complex language proficiency in the language(s) of instruction (if the host university requires a higher level of language proficiency, this will prevail);
- the student undertakes to participate in the "alumni" programme for 5 years after the end of the scholarship.
Non-Hungarian citizens or students with dual nationality are not eligible to study in their home country.
Level of study required
All levels are possible.
Additional terms and conditions
The candidate can apply for an internship according to his/her own professional field. The place of traineeship may be any institution where an internship or research activity related to specialised studies can be provided (company, non-profit organisation, state-recognised foreign higher education institution, research institute, museum, archive, etc.). There can be no host location under Erasmus + rules:
- EU institutions and other EU bodies, including specialised institutions (the full list is available at https://ec.europa.eu/info/about-european-union_en );
- an organisation managing EU programmes, such as the Erasmus + National Agency (to avoid possible conflicts of interest and/or double funding).
The traineeship must be an activity of at least 30 hours per week.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted by filling in the online application form available at https://mundi.scholarship.hu and downloading the necessary attachments. Application documents are available here: https://tka.hu/palyazatok/4830/palyazati-dokumentumok#4899
Until the allocated budget is exhausted. It is recommended to submit your application 3 months before the planned start date of the mobility.
Applications submitted will be evaluated by the staff of the Tempus Public Foundation.